Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 0.5

So far I'm off to a 100% paleo start. Breakfast was totally utterly paleo. Serious paleo.

I bet a lot of cavemen didn't eat breakfast. See? Paleo. They did it. So did I this morning.

My lunch is a hunk of chicken breast from the recipe I listed earlier. That and a bunch of the vegetables that were roasted under it since I do own the Awesome Roaster. It reheated really well, but there's no plating or presentation since I'm just eating directly out of the Gladware container at my desk. I also brought some of those organic almonds too. I should really have some berries or fruit or something for sugar, but I totally forgot to buy some.

Let's see... Sleep - last night I went to bed at 1 AM after doing all that cooking and finishing off the series Ashes to Ashes. I slept like crap because I polished off the rest of my Captain Morgan because if I didn't do it last night I know I'd do it tonight and I'm serious about this 30 day thing. I was done drinking by midnight so it's all legal. I also drank a couple SurlyFests. I do have 6 cans of that left, but since SurlyFest is a most remarkable brew I'll be keeping that in reserve to celebrate with after the competition.

Dinner - it's a toss up. I have to make the roast tonight for sure, so do I wait and eat that and keep some chicken around and mix the stuff up? Or do I eat the chicken while I cook the roast?

I also have an evil taskmaster now, who we shall call AK. They're his initials and also vaguely threatening in a not-so-accurate-assault-rifle way. He's my Whole30 buddy, or sponsor, or whatever you want to call it. I'm not jumping out of this airplane alone. Oh hell no, I'm handcuffed to AK on this express elevator to HELL! Well, hell's a bit harsh. How about standing next to AK at a relatively safe distance on the non-interrupted normal elevator ride to mild discomfort?

No comments:

Post a Comment